Mamertime Prison and our 3 person bike ride





Mamertime prison was really neat because this one celled prison was where the apostles Peter and Paul were imprisoned while in Rome preaching.  We were in the cell where they had to sit and rot for who knows how long. My camera ran out of batteries once I got in there so I will have to post more later from my friends cameras, but you can see in the pic above of the front of the prison where it says apostoli paulo..   While down there shelley discovered a huge spider as big as her hand down a crack, thats when we booked it out of there. 

While walking around ancient rome we decided to rent a 3 person bike, we all piled on and I was the only one that could pump and steer, my legs were burning and I was drenched in sweat when I was done. It ended up being a really bad idea because we couldnt make it up curves or across cobblestone streets, so we ended up going around in circles as people dodged out of our way.  The arch of Constantine is behind us in one of those pics.  

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - The Life of Karen - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template